Employment and Unemployed for Life

There is almost full employment, and the sad thing is that there are so many not working in the UK that it is clear that some people will never work again unless some drastic change happens. Unemployment is one thing, but we also have those who are on Work Experience or doing Training or Students. None of these are counted as unemployed. America is in no better place, both countries will suffer more when we finally perfect and get automation up and running.

 

13/06/2018

There were 727,000 job vacancies in the services sectors for March to May 2018, accounting for 88.9% of all vacancies. Looking at services in more detail, the sectors with the largest number of job vacancies were wholesaling, retailing and repair of motor vehicles (133,000) and human health and social work (130,000).

There were 2.7 job vacancies per 100 filled employee jobs for March to May 2018. The industrial sector showing the largest vacancy rate was accommodation and food service activities (4.0 vacancies per 100 filled employee jobs). The industrial sectors showing the smallest vacancy rates were construction, and public administration and defence (both 1.6 vacancies per 100 filled employee jobs).

There were 818,000 job vacancies for March to May 2018, little changed compared with December 2017 to February 2018 but 33,000 more than for a year earlier.

For February to April 2018:

•the unemployment rate for people was 4.2%, the joint lowest since 1975

•the unemployment rate for men was 4.3%, lower than for a year earlier (4.7%)

•the unemployment rate for women was 4.1%, the joint lowest since comparable records began in 1971

For February to April 2018, there were:

•1.42 million unemployed people, 38,000 fewer than for November 2017 to January 2018 and 115,000 fewer than for a year earlier

•767,000 unemployed men, 10,000 more than for November 2017 to January 2018 but 73,000 fewer than for a year earlier

•649,000 unemployed women, 47,000 fewer than for November 2017 to January 2018 and 41,000 fewer than for a year earlier

Looking at unemployment by how long people have been out of work and seeking work, for February to April 2018, there were:

•833,000 people who had been unemployed for up to six months, 63,000 fewer than for a year earlier

•214,000 people who had been unemployed for between six months and one year, 35,000 fewer than for a year earlier

•369,000 people who had been unemployed for over one year, 17,000 fewer than for a year earlier

For March 2018:

•there were 5.36 million people employed in the public sector, 10,000 more than for December 2017

•there were 27.04 million people employed in the private sector, 136,000 more than for December 2017

•16.5% of all people in work were employed in the public sector (the lowest proportion since quarterly records began in 1999) and the remaining 83.5% worked in the private sector

Taken from

https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentandlabourmarket/peopleinwork/employmentandemployeetypes/bulletins/uklabourmarket/june2018

 

 

Advertisements

Published by

grendaliskingsite

80's Rocker who is grumpy most of the time. Alternative Faith, I love 60 - late 80's Rock and Roll, Heavy Rock and also into Archaeology and history, (50,000 - 3000 BCE) of West Europe and North-West Africa.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s